Here are 18 things to remember in 2018:
- Keeping yourself motivated to do things is hard, but not impossible.
- When you catch yourself being too negative about yourself or someone else, stop.
- Try to always be mindful of how you act, speak and the words that you use.
- Listen to music whenever you feel like you need to. It’s like soulful therapy.
- Wake up early, have a shower and take care of yourself.
- Don’t count on another person to do the things that you can.
- You do not owe anybody happiness. Think before you bend over backward.
- Give yourself breaks. You owe yourself that much.
- If you don’t feel like doing something, don’t force yourself. Try to get it done later.
- Being in a relationship doesn’t mean you have to micromanage each other.
- If you’re feeling down, get up. Exercising will make you feel a bit better.
- When you need to scream, scream to your heart’s content.
- Know when to rest and when to get to work. Time management is key.
- When you need to cry, don’t be afraid of your own emotions.
- You don’t have to have your life together right now, do things at your own pace.
- Life is not a race, it’s a marathon. Try not to rush important decisions.
- Quality, before quantity. Re-evaluate toxic relationships and friendships.
- Life is hard for everybody, you can get through anything if you try.
I was about to say, “Life is hard for everybody, don’t give up” then I remembered that I only just settled on the decision to give up on my future just a few hours ago. Well, I guess it’s about time to follow the advice of what I preach.
(Note: What I really mean is that I gave up on my dream to study biology and neuroscience-related courses, like psychology, in University. Because my parents want me to study law, and having a law degree would allow me more job prospects than anything else in this country. And I’d need a job to establish my own socio-economic status in this world.
Studying biomedical science wouldn’t get me anywhere since I don’t fancy being a doctor. And most teachers don’t get paid well. Studying a joint degree in Psychology would just be added workload that I don’t need and it wouldn’t really make much difference if I’m still going to be awarded a BA (Hons) LLB. So I’m just going to suck it up and let people dictate my life. I can’t make myself be any less bothered with it anymore. It’s almost insane.)
I’ve been having an existential crisis for too long! I won’t be able to get into top universities if I continue sitting on my arse all day long and neglecting my homework and studies. I’m not as smart as other people, I actually have to work. Wow, so surprising. Such a shocker.
Oh, God! I just suddenly remembered the school blog that I want to announce to the students and start by next week. I take four A’Level subjects. Why on Earth do I do this to myself? It’s not like I’m the Goddess of Time Management. I am drowning in just a cup of water.
But hey! We should all just keep our negativity in check. Life is good. (No, it’s not.)
xx Solaris Denali